Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Steubenville North--What a blast!



I wanted to tell you what my experience was like at Steubenville North 2008! The conference started on Friday evening, went through all of Saturday and ended Sunday afternoon. We listened to GREAT live music by the band Sonar. The praise and worship was really high energy and a lot of fun. Everyone was into it. We had good food at every mealtime. We listened to speakers, had separate women's and men's sessions, had fun staying overnight in the hotel and also enjoyed some small group time. I wish that I could show you what an intense, exciting time we had...words just don't really do it justice. I met some really nice people from other parishes in Rochester and people from North and South Dakota, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and more!

There were about 25 youth from the Rochester area that I had the privilege of meeting and spending time with. In total, about 700 youth attended this awesome event. Most everyone I spoke to said they want to bring someone when they come next year. And the dates are already planned!! The next Steubenville North Conference will be held in Rochester July 17-19, 2009!

I would really encourage all of you to consider going to this BIG event. This is such a cool opportunity because its so huge but we don't have to travel to get anywhere--its right here in Rochester. But even though its close to home...it really doesn't feel that way. We stay in hotel rooms so it's like we are off on our own the whole weekend...that way you won't miss out on the experience!

Please: talk to me, message me, call or email if you are interested. We have a group meeting together who went this year and plans on going next year. We can get you hooked up right away so you know people, can start fundraising, learn about the event and then have an even more amazing time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment